In the meantime I've whipped out my bag of tricks today and am hoping they do some good for us! Today I introduced my classroom coupons and am using them as an incentive that works with my behavior clip system. I have also pulled out my quiet critters and am using them as table points. Basically my students are in groups of 4 and awfully chatty. What I've done with my little critters is I've sprinkled them with magic dust so they have magic powers and only want to visit that are working quietly. Each table when working at the right conversation level can earn a critter. Giving them to the table allows tables to earn multiple critters. But watch out! If a table gets too noisy the critters will want to leave. But only a TEACHER can touch the critters or they'll lose their powers. At the end of the day each critter is worth one table point and on Fridays the table with the MOST points heads to the treasure box.
I'm hoping this will help my students to hold each other accountable and help their friends out! Ultimately creating an environment where they can be self sufficient.
Its only day 2 of the tricks so I'll have to update you all later on!
- Off to bed before midnight for this teacher! (Let's see if it actually happens..)
<3 First Grade is a Fairy Tale


No comments:
Post a Comment